Thursday 13 June 2013

The "Inky Awards"

Hello Brains!

Just recently I was selected to be a judge for the Australian Inky Awards, which celebrates the popularity and beauty of two books, one Australian, and one International. There are 20 longlisted titles that can be viewed at: http://insideadog.com.au/inkys/2013-longlist

The "Inside A Dog" website (website that runs the competition) can be seen here: http://insideadog.com.au/

It is my job to read all of these books and then deliberate with the 5 other judges on which 10 make the shortlist. Part of the agreement I make with becoming a judge is that I am unable to post a review of any of the books on the longlist until after the shortlist is released. This doesn't mean I won't be posting reviews for the books, after August 26, I will post one of these every day. I will write the reviews as I finish reading the titles and leave them unpublished.


Due to this, my reviews will not be as recent and will focus on some of my favourite books, and will focus on lesser known titles. Instead of posting reviews of books as I read them, I will post a review twice a week of a book or series that I loved and enjoyed. And every time I finish reading one of the Inky titles I will post a brief summary of the book (Would we prefer SPOILER or NON-SPOILER?).

Hope you're looking forward to the reviews to come, smell you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment